Jonas Rask’s review and example pictures helped me make the decision.
- It’s heavy!
- The sound and feeling as if something in the lens is loose is normal and disappears when you turn on the camera.
- Very little haptic feedback when turning the aperture ring
- Make sure your camera‘s firmware is up to date.
f2.8, f9, f22
Comparing the Fujinon macro 80mm to the 60mm
I still like my Lego comparison photos from a while ago, so here are some more.
- 60mm with the extension tubes MCEX-11 and MCEX-16; older examples here and here.
- 80mm with the XF1.4X teleconverter, which also works with the 100-400mm.
- 80mm with the extension tubes MCEX-11 and MCEX-16 – not something I plan to do.
To be continued…