Some interesting reviews about the Fujifilm X100s:
By David Hobby:
- In-depth: the new Fujifilm X100s, with link to a feature-by-feature walk-through video after passing the 10k frames mark
- Follow up: Leaf shutter + ND + Flash: a Fuji X100s daylight primer
- More pictures: View from the top of the Shard in London, early photos
By Zack Arias:
- A camera walks into a bar
- Follow up: Life without DSLR
As David Hobby mentions in the video and in the comments to his blog post: “[M]ake sure you turn on the parallax compensation for the AF point in OVF mode. Makes a big difference. Dunno why having that “off” is even an option.”
Edit: as of Ver.1.20 “on” is either the default or at least doesn’t get set back to “off”.
As long as you don’t change this the optical view finder doesn’t show you where the focus point really is. See Ken Tanaka’s post (about the X100) for some screen shots.
From the manual:
How to change to ON:
- Menu -> Shooting Menu -> Corrected AF Frame -> ON